2.12.2013

Gloss + Balm.

I was strolling through my local Target picking up some essentials (i.e. shampoo, conditioner, schedule book, etc.), when I stumbled across the Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm display. I had tried the Clinique Chubby Sticks first, and a crayon type of lipstick from Sephora. I liked both of them, but I wasn't fond of the color selection.



The Jumbo Gloss Balm collection showcases 16 different colors varying from a very light pink to a deep purple. The Target near me did not have all 16 shades, but they had a pretty good selection to choose from. I wanted to first see if I liked the formula so I picked up just one. The color I chose is 220 Haute Pink Twist. I wanted a vibrant pink, most of the pinks in my makeup "arsenal" are so muted or safe looking. I wanted something that was going to amp up my simple "only eyeliner" daily makeup look. At the Target near me, they are priced at $6.99 each.





I couldn't wait to try it on, so as soon as I jumped into my car, I swatched it as well as gliding the gloss onto my lips. Compared to the Clinque Chubby Stick, the packaging itself is quite nicely made, it has a nice retractable tube (like the Chubby Sticks), however it feels a lot more loose. The formula itself glided on very nicely and I could tell that the balm was going to definitely be moisturizing. The color pigmentation is out of this world! I only swiped it back and forth 2 times and the color was noticible.



I wasn't a huge fan of the Revlon Lip Butters, so I'm always second guessing whether I'll like colored lip balms/stains. The Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balms do not even compare to the Lip Butters. I love this product. I'm definitely going to be buying a couple more colors--I have my eyes on a red one!



I give this product a 4.5 out of 5.
That 0.5 point is deducted due to the fact that the stick of balm wiggles a little when applying it onto the lips, other than that it's a perfect product!

WHOO HOO for finding awesome drugstore products!

1 comment:

  1. I bought one but the core was flew out when open it! Omg >.<
    AND~
    I wanna know where did u buy the IOPE air cushion sunblock? Could u give me the link if u buy it online?

    ReplyDelete